If you’re looking for something a little different for Christmas dinner, why not a starter of steak meatball skewers with onion, red and green peppers? Rather than buying boxes of frozen starters that you just heat up in the oven, why not invest some time instead of money in this very tasty steak starter?
It’s quick, easy and tastes much better than anything you’ll buy from a frozen food store!
We will be featuring a few steak or beef-based starters in the runup to Christmas. All will be simple to prepare, cheap to buy and will deliver a much higher quality result with more nutrition and much less fat than bought products.
Our first entry into the mix is the steak meatball skewer. Ideal for starters and can be prepared in advance to help with your Christmas Day organisation.
- 1 500g lean steak mince
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Add the steak mince, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl and combine. Shape into 24 small meatballs.
- Skewer a meatball, onion and red and green pepper until you have used up all your ingredients. Prepare a lot of smaller skewers or a few larger skewers depending on your need.
- Place skewers on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are just cooked.
Serve with a side salad, barbecue sauce or other starter dishes and eat while still warm.
This Christmas steak meatball skewer recipe is cheap to make, simple to do and takes just 25 minutes or so in the oven. You can keep it simple like this or add herbs, spices, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco and have a play around with the meatball recipe to suit.
Told you it was easy!