While I would happily eat steak all year round, and do, summer is a particularly good time to enjoy our favourite meat. The sun is shining, you can grill or barbecue, eat socially with friends in the garden or al fresco wherever you like.
Brits value their summer like no other nation so it’s only fair to deliver a recipe that honours that. That’s what this sizzling summer skirt steak with herb salad recipe does. It takes an underrated cut of meat and turns it into something delicious while still being healthy.
The Stone Grill is open all year round and will be happy to cook your steak your way to your liking. If you do eat steak at home, this skirt steak with herb salad is ideal. You could add some oven chips, sweet potato fries or baked potato for a little more filling or buy larger steaks. It is entirely up to you!
Skirt steak with herb salad
This skirt steak with herb salad can be prepared on a normal grill or barbecue and takes minutes to deliver. Perfect for when you want to maximise your time in the sun!
- 500g skirt steak (serves 2)
- Olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Mint leaves
- Fresh watercress
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- Heat a grill, grill pan or barbecue to a medium heat.
- Season the steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper and add to the pan. Cook until your desired doneness, turning only once. Rest for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Add more olive oil to a bowl and add the mustard and honey. Whisk until combined.
- Toss in the dill, mint, watercress and fennel. Serve alongside the steak.
This is a very simple dish that punches way above its weight. Try it and see for yourself just how good it is!