The Stone Grill restaurants are still open for business and will remain so for as long as possible. We will take every precaution to keep you safe and will continue to ensure restaurants and staff are as clean and as infection-free as it is possible to be.
Like many restaurants, The Stone Grill restaurants take hygiene exceptionally seriously all the time, not just during pandemics. Given the times we are living in right now and the toll COVID-19 (coronavirus) is taking on society, we would like to take a minute to tell you how our teams in Manchester and Blackpool are keeping ourselves, and our customers, safe.
First, I think it important to state that at the time of writing:
- COVID-19 is not thought to be transferrable through food.
- The virus cannot use food to survive until it finds a host.
- Proper cooking kills the vast majority of bacteria including viruses.
(Source: European Food Safety Authority)
Food is safe. The food The Stone Grill serves is safe. It will not give you COVID-19 (coronavirus).
We know that COVID-19 (coronavirus) is passed through respiratory droplets from coughing, sneezing and breathing. Even though The Stone Grill has always held the highest hygiene standards, we have implemented the most stringent precautions possible to help maintain everyone’s health and safety.
- Increased instances of hand washing and sanitiser use.
- Monitoring of each other’s health throughout the day.
- A strict and non-negotiable policy of staff self-isolation if there is any suspicion of infection or illness of any kind.
- Extra cleaning rotations throughout the restaurants on top of the usual table clearing and cleaning.
- Increased use of food safe disinfectants and antibacterial products for cleaning, washing and general use.
- A balance of our traditional friendly greeting and service with practical social distancing.
I repeat, The Stone Grill restaurants are still open for business and will remain so while permitted. We will take every precaution to keep you safe and will continue to ensure restaurants and staff are as clean and as infection-free as it is possible to be.
If you’re not ready for self-isolation, both The Stone Grill Blackpool and The Stone Grill Manchester remain open for business and will be for the foreseeable future. We will let you know as soon as possible if that changes.